The Premiere Hebrew/English Word Processor DavkaWriter 7 for Mac is a specially modified version of our renowned Hebrew-English word processor that brings a rich set of Hebrew word processing features - including perfect nikud and trop placement, Hebrew-English spell checker, on-screen Hebrew/English keyboard, and built-in Jewish text library - to your Macintosh.
We've partnered with CodeWeavers, makers of the popular CrossOver Mac product, to create this special Mac-friendly version.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac features:
- Mac pull-down menus
- Mac installer that installs DavkaWriter Mac to Applications folder
- Files are saved in DavkaWriter folder in your Mac's Documents folder
- Uses Mac print drivers for standard printing and PDF export
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac has most of the look and feel of a Mac program, and it uses familiar Mac keyboard commands -- Command-P to print, Command-S to save, etc. While there are elements of the program that resemble its Windows origins, the program is easy to learn and use.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac includes most of the features that come with the regular DavkaWriter 7 for Windows, with the exception of FlexiText and thematic borders.
If you have DavkaWriter documents that you created on your Windows computer, they will open seamlessly in DavkaWriter 7 for Mac and go back to Windows just as easily. And if you're new to DavkaWriter, you'll enjoy the ease of use, convenient switching between Hebrew and English, and built-in text libraries including Tanach, Mishnah, Siddur, and Parashat HaShavua that have made DavkaWriter famous worldwide.
DavkaWriter 7 includes twenty-five new features and enhancements that will make your word processing more efficient, productive, and enjoyable. Here are just a few:
- Modern program interface featuring the Multi-Toolbar and Object Toolbox
- Draggable document tabs for efficient on-screen organization
- Documents can be dragged to make separate groups of tabbed documents
- Customizable application look
- Multiple object selection
- Zoom slider adjusts page zoom instantly
- Screen Shot captures any part of the screen and saves as a graphic
- Master Pages assists in creating consistent layouts in documents
- Document Comparison finds similarities and differences between files
- Text Library Additions - Torah/Haftarah readings and Rashi on Chumash
- Fifty-five masterfully crafted Hebrew fonts
- Two separate lists of recently-used fonts, one for Hebrew and one for English
- Three hundred and eighty clip art images from the DavkaGraphics collections
- Full-screen mode for viewing your document without clutter
- Nudge currently selected object, or objects, via arrow keys
- Hovering mouse over a document tab shows the path of the document's folder and location
- Status bar displays the currently-scrolled page and the currently-selected text position
- Work with two pages, side by side, without entering page preview mode
DavkaWriter 7 is a fully featured Hebrew/English word processor with advanced enhancements included as standard. It's simple to use, yet exceptionally powerful. You won't find better value in a Hebrew word processor anywhere!
- Auto Spell Check checks spelling as you type, in Hebrew and English
- Powerful macro editor automates complex and repetitive tasks
- Create single and multi-level Table of Contents
- Insert automatically updating chapter files into header or footer
- New table commands, including convert table to text
- Automatically duplicate and link multiple text boxes
- Insert H with dot underneath for scholarly writing
- "Copy as Unicode" for Unicode-compliant programs
- Improved English thesaurus with 10,000 new words and usage examples
Built for Hebrew!
DavkaWriter 7 is built for Hebrew from the ground up. It handles nikud and trop precisely, and features an on-screen visual Hebrew keyboard, which makes text entry easy for those unfamiliar with the Hebrew keyboard layout. DavkaWriter 7 integrates the vowelized text of the Tanach, Rashi on Chumash, the Mishnah, and the Siddur for easy and convenient access. It even includes a separate library of the weekly Torah and Haftarah readings for easy access.
DavkaWriter 7 includes an extensive list of features that make it the top Hebrew/English word processing program. Here are just a few:
- Hebrew/English auto spell checker
- Hebrew/English individual word translator
- Fifty-five Hebrew fonts, all with nikud and trop
- Support for Shva-na, kamatz katan, and chataf-kamatz
- Search and replace for nikud and trop
- Individual coloring of nikud and trop characters
- Fonts drop-down list lists Hebrew and English separately and conveniently
- Look up Tanach and Mishnah by book, chapter, and verse
- Hebrew/English footnote and page numbering
- Hebrew/English sorting
- Hebrew/English dates, using Jewish or secular calendar
- PowerStyles that specify font, size and style for Hebrew & English separately, so you can pair up different fonts
- Hebrew/English mail merge fields
- Hebrew/English chapter titles
- Importing of Dagesh, Nota Bene, and WordPerfect 5.1 Hebrew files
- Exports Hebrew text with nikud and trop to non-Hebrew-enabled software
- Export documents to text, RTF, and PDF file format
Designed with the home user in mind!
- Easy to learn and use
- Automatic bulleting, numbering and outlining
- Mail merge-íë_?create form letters easily and efficiently
- Label and envelope printing, with hundreds of Averyíëí__’Çíëíæíë_í«íˆí_Œ‚íëí_? templates
Professional features for creating sophisticated documents!
- Draw Layer - Place graphical elements anywhere, with a variety of text-wrapping options
- Use text boxes to place text anywhere and flow it from box to box
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, toolbars and menus
- Drop caps -- by the letter or by the word
- PowerStyles -- Control font, style, and paragraph automatically
- Select by Style - Change only the text that's in a specific font, size and style
- Customizable Print Preview showing multiple pages side by side - and edit while you preview
Free Bonuses -- Fully integrated into DavkaWriter 7 Hebrew Word Processor
- 380 clip art images from the DavkaGraphics Collection
- Tanach with nikud and trop
- Mishnayot with nikud
- Full text of Ashkenaz Siddur and Sefard Siddur, with nikud
- Rashi on Chumash with nikud
- Torah and Haftarah readings
Mac with 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.6 or higher